Saturday, December 5, 2009

Beautiful songs with strings (cello, violin, etc.)?

So...I tried to search for this question, or similar to this question on this site, but I dont think I could get the wording right.



But what are some songs that have beautiful strings in them. I'd prefer....MAINLY strings. Not a whole orchestra, but if there is some full orchestra then thats fine.



ITs just very very beautiful music and Im trying to find more



(Also if there are questions like this already on here I'd love to know and read some of the answers)



Thanks!!!! =)



Beautiful songs with strings (cello, violin, etc.)?opera.com



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I26V_CeC2... take a listen to this..Oblivian..there are many recorded versions of it



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsU9zmnZ3... Here is a wonderful piece of Perlman's Tango "Per Uno Carbezo"..fantastic! This was in Scent of a Woman



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0w3jMvZB...



Somewhere in Time



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mvh4zEKG2...



The Swan--I love to turn everybody on to this piece...I heard this played by a celloist that visited our school encouraging us to play stringed instruments..I was 8 years old and I cried when I heard it..I still do. I took up the violin and have played in ever since



Beautiful songs with strings (cello, violin, etc.)?amc theatre opera theater



Beatles -- Yesterday, Eleanor Rigby



Stones -- As Tears Go By



Jimmy Buffet -- Coast of Marsailles



Randy Newman -- He Gives Us All His Love
"Adagio for Strings" by Samuel Barber...one of my all-time favorite pieces. Also, 2 pieces from Grieg's Peer Gynt Suite...Anitra's Dance (it is all strings + a triangle) and Ase's Death (another tear-jerker), based on a simple theme played over and over at an increasing volume. This one's a sentimental favorite for me.



Then, there's always Mozart ("Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" is probably one of the most famous, but he did write a lot of string quartet music). Another well known quartet is "The Four Seasons" by Antonio Vivaldi. J. S. Bach, Beethoven, Brahms and a number of other well known composers wrote wonderful music for String quartet. Just go to the iTunes store and write "string quartet" in the search engine, and listen to some samples. Check out J. S. Bach's Brandenburg Concerti (some have other instruments besides strings, but they are predominantly strings).
"Us" by Regina Spektor
Ashokan Farewell is a beautiful piece. Cello Suite No1 prelude is also another great classical piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update