Saturday, December 5, 2009

Double-jointed thumb - Help for Violin!?

Hi,



I'm just starting to learn the fiddle, but I'm having trouble with my bow hold.



I can't sustain the correct bend in my thumb, which I understand is important for flexibility when playing.



Instead my thumb curves upwards, like a backwards 'C', if you see what I mean.



Holding it the other way a) won't stay for long becuase my joint pops the other way. I think this is joint hyper mobility, or double jointedness or something.



b) just doesn't feel right or comfortable.



I'm also worried about damaging my joint by holding it in an incorrect way.



Does anyone know a solution? My teacher doesn't seem to have any ideas of what to do.



Thanks!



Double-jointed thumb - Help for Violin!?home theater



i would go see a doctor or something



i play the violin and you can't really hold the bow the way you describe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update