Thursday, December 10, 2009

I'm looking for ideas on a violin solo this year?

i'm an advanced player and i can do pretty much all positions/bowing styles. i want a piece that's really pretty and has some really fast parts. it doesnt necessarily have to be a fast piece, but i want one that has a couple of really fast parts.



also, i don't want a piece that just has one rhythm over and over again, or a piece that's like an etude.



any suggestions would be appreciated.



thanks!



I'm looking for ideas on a violin solo this year?star theater



your description is so vague I wouldn't know whether to recommend a Seitz concerto or Lalo Symphonie Espagnole or a Mozart Concerto



I'm looking for ideas on a violin solo this year?extension opera theater



If I answered "ZZZZZZZZZZZ" would you report me? But this one isn't so common. Try one of the simpler Paganini pieces. ;)
You need to obtain a graded list of violin solos. I bet that ASTA (American String Teachers Association) among others, has one. This will help you find where you ARE, and then comparable pieces in terms of difficulty. I am a flute teacher, and have several different lists of flute literature -and then, I databased them ALL, and cross-referenced them - ther is always ONE list that has a piece graded in the *wrong* level - what were they thinking?



Your best resources is your teacher. Beyond that, check professional resources. And on Yahoo Groups, there is a wonderful flutenet list - betcha there is a good violin list for you to join, too. Go for the one with the most members and most traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update