Thursday, December 10, 2009

How do I remove rosin from my violin strings?

What brand of rosin remover would you recommend to remove rosin from my relatively new Obligato strings?



My teacher told me that toothpaste or rubbing alcohol works just as well. Is this true, or will it damage the strings?



How do I remove rosin from my violin strings?playhouse



I think we used to use steel wool. Something like that!



How do I remove rosin from my violin strings?plays opera theater



Use alcohol. using anything else especially abbrassives, would get the strings rusty
i played the violin when i was going to school. i used a soft cloth and rubbing alcohol-not much, you don鈥瞭 want to ruin the violin with drips. just a little on the rag and rub.
Rosin remover is totally unnecessary - any kind of dry cloth alone will do. Violin stores sell cloths specifically geared towards rosin removal. Some removers isn't good for the strings, and some stuff might not hurt, but it's not needed. Your strings do not need to be squeeky clean to produce a perfect sound. Just be sure to clean the strings after every session, so as to avoid rosin build-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update