Saturday, December 5, 2009

Duet/Concerto-type piece for clarinet and violin?

Very random...but for our orchestra concert there is a spot for one more full song, and my best friend (the concertmaster) and I both want to do pieces. The easiest thing would be if we could find one good song that both of us can be featured on together, and it doesn't necessarily need an orchestra accompaniment though it would be nice. So just a really strong duet piece...we're both really good players, we're both going on to study music in college after this year this is our senior performance :)



Also, just in case we decide to go it alone...what's a good concerto piece for clarinet? I'm leaning towards either the first or the third movement in Weber's First Concerto, but is there another piece at about that level that you could recommend? I'm not familiar with numbered levels or I'd give one...also I don't want to play Mozart's clarinet concerto, I'm playing that one now on my own but I dont want to do it for the concert.



Thanks :)



Duet/Concerto-type piece for clarinet and violin?say yes



There is a piece titled "Two Duets for Violin and Clarinet from Music Day at Plon" by Paul Hindemith.



Click here for a record review of the piece:



http://inkpot.com/classical/cedhindclar....



Musician, composer, teacher.



Duet/Concerto-type piece for clarinet and violin?palace theatre opera theater



There is Bruch's concerto for Viola and Clarinet if your friend can get a viola. There's Klzemer Wedding that is played with piano. Also the 3rd movement of Milhaud's suite for Clarinet, Violin, and Piano is only for Clarinet and Violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
live update